English proverbs and famous quotes on Twitter
On this page you will find the famous English quotes.
The given English quotes (with Russian translation) are citations not
only of Englishmen but also of the greatest thinkers of all times and nations. Wise sayings encourage,
inspire and motivate us. Phrases and sayings of great people have become aphorisms and are valuable by themselves and have a double benefit for English language learners.
The British people love to quote great men and carefully keep the sayings of the great minds of the past and
present. Citations of our contemporaries, those famous people who have achieved success - business leaders,
athletes, TV stars, etc - are very popular. The words once spoken by the great philosophers, writers, politicians are often cited in all spheres of life. They are the basis of best-selling books on the topic of "How to Succeed", a collection of quotations enjoy great popularity in social networks. The reason for this is that they contain a recipe for success, confirmed by achievements in real life. Among top rated popular English quotes we will find citations of Aristotle, Confucius, Lao Tzu, Goethe, Albert Einshtein, Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, Maya Angelou, Paulo Coelho, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates ...
Wise words of the great minds cover a wide range of issues, but they all have one thing in common - they form
optimistic worldview. Quotes urge us to overcome our fears, to develop our potential and
to act. Quotes help shape our worldview, our attitude to life. The main topics of popular English
quotes are following: how to confront challenges, build self-confidence, personal growth, inspiration and
motivation, leadership development, prudency, as to act effectivly, persistance in goal achieving, success, time management.
Famous English quotes and translation into Russian are given below
- "You will become as small as your controlling desire; as great as your dominant aspiration." - James Allen
- "One person with a belief is equal to a force of 99 who have only interests." - John Stuart Mill
- "Man proposes, God disposes." - Thomas a Kempis
- "To think creatively, we must be able to look afresh at what we normally take for granted." - George Kneller
- "It's only a thought and a thought can be changed." - Louise Hay
- "Imagination rules the world." - Napoleon Bonaparte
- "Ideas won't keep: something must be done about them." - Alfred North Whitehead
- "In the realm of ideas everything depends on enthusiasm... in the real world all rests on perseverance." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- "Instinct is untaught ability." - Alexander Bain
- "Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean." - Ryunosuke Satoro
- "Anger is never without reason, but seldom with a good one." - Benjamin Franklin
- "Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished." - Lao Tzu
- "A friend to all is a friend to none." - Aristotle